Rev. 14 June 2017, Gen. 363
DESCENDANTS OF PHILLIP GRAVES OF KY
Phillip Graves (1) lived in Kentucky. It is not yet known when and where he was born and died, or whom he married, although the following discussion indicates he was born in 1762 in St. Mary’s Co., MD. He was mentioned in the will and administration of his son John Clark Graves.
Possibilities for his ancestry that have been suggested are:
Š It is possible that he was the Philip Graves who was born about 1760 in VA, and married Elizabeth Jones. Not all of that Philip's children have been accounted for. The one who married Elizabeth Jones is part of genealogy 270.
Š It was previously thought that Phillip Graves might have been descended from Capt. Thomas Graves of VA (genealogy 169) through Henry White Graves. Many members of this part of the family migrated from VA to Granville Co., NC, then to Giles Co. and Fayette Co., TN, and finally to Sevier, Howard, Pike and Hempstead counties, AR. Henry White Graves was descended from Capt. Thomas Graves as follows: Thomas1, John2, Ralph3, Ralph4, Henry White5 Graves. There were also Wyatts associated with this part of the Graves family (the possible source of the middle name of Phillip’s son John). However, it seems less likely that this is the ancestry.
Š There was a Phillip Graves living in Hempstead Co., AR who applied for a Revolutionary War Pension in Hempstead Co. but was rejected. That pension record states he was born in 1762 in St. Mary's Co, Maryland. He lived in Nelson Co, Kentucky, Lincoln Co., Missouri, and then moved to Hempstead Co., Territory of Arkansas. This is almost certainly the correct connection, probably descended from genealogy 247. A Y-DNA test on a male descendant with the Graves surname should confirm this descent, since all 3 of the suggested possibilites have a different Y-DNA genetic signature.
Children - Graves
+2. John Clark Graves, b. 1795, m. Mary Smith, c. 1814, d. 1837.
CHILDREN OF PHILLIP GRAVES (1)
John Clark Graves (2) was born in 1795 in KY, and died in 1837 (between 19 Feb. and 31 July) in Hempstead Co., AR. He married Mary (“Polly”) Smith, daughter of George Smith and Mary (“Polly”) Fulkerson, on 2 Aug. 1815 in Ohio Co., KY. She was born in 1796 in KY, and died after 1882.
John C. Graves was in the 1830 census for Hempstead Co., Arkansas Territory. Mary was in the 1850 census for Red Land, Hempstead Co., AR, with her 3 youngest children. (R‑2, R‑3, R‑5)
Children - Graves
3. son, b. 1810-1815.
4. daughter, b. 1810-1815.
5. daughter, b. 1810-1815.
+6. Phillip T. Graves, b.c. 1815, m(1) Louisa D. Stephens, 24 Feb. 1837, m(2) Nancy O. Harris, 13 Jan. 1853, m(3) Levina McCargo, 18 Jan. 1860, m(4) Martha June ‑‑‑‑‑‑, after 1870, d. 1873.
+7. Mary Graves, b. 4 June 1818, m(1) Francis Belton Lassiter, 30 March 1837, m(2) John B. Brodie, c. 1854, d. 10 Dec. 1883.
+8. William S. Graves, b.c. 1820, m(1) Anna Ferrell, 20 Jan. 1842, m(2) Mary Ann Kelso, 25 Aug. 1852, d.c. 1865-1868.
9. Joseph Graves, b.c. 1821, m. Margaret A. Davis, 3 May 1860 (Hempstead Co., AR). She was born about 1840.
+10. John M. Graves, b.c. 1824, m. Mary Ann Brashears, 6 April 1845, d. before 1850.
11. Elizabeth Graves, b.c. 1827, m. Washington Renfrow, 18 March 1845 (Hempstead Co., AR).
12. Charles Graves, b.c. 1828 (MO), m(1) Nancy ‑‑‑‑‑‑, m(2) Mrs. Emaline Russell, 14 Dec. 1899 (Hempstead Co., AR). Nancy was b. 31 March 1829 and d. 8 Aug. 1881 in Hempstead Co., AR. Emaline was b. 1827 in Washington, AR. Source R‑7 has a very different version of this, with descendants, which may be correct.
+13. Susan Graves, b.c. 1833, m. Thomas Jasper Fair, 11 Sept. 1851, d. before 1868.
14. Pleasant Graves, b.c. 1836 (AR).
CHILDREN OF JOHN C. GRAVES (2) AND MARY SMITH
Phillip T. Graves (6) was born about 1815 or 1816, probably in MO (although possibly in VA), and died about 1870 or 1873 in Clark Co., AR. He first married Louisa D. Stephens on 24 Feb. 1837 in Hempstead Co., AR. She was born about 1821 in TN, and died before 1853 in AR. He married second Nancy O. Harris on 13 Jan. 1853. (It has also been suggested that his name may have been Thomas Phillip Graves and that he married Martha ‑‑‑‑‑‑.) She supposedly died about 1858-59. He married a third time to Levina McCargo on 18 Jan. 1860 in Clark Co., AR. She was born about 1831 or 1835 in VA. The family was listed in the 1860 census for Hempstead Co., AR. All the children were born in AR. He married fourth Martha June ‑‑‑‑‑‑ after 1870. She was born about 1849. (R‑1, R‑2, R‑3)
Children - Graves, by Louisa D. Stephens
15. Mary (“Polly”) Ann Graves, b. 25 Feb. 1840 (Hempstead Co., AR), m. Harbin Harbrough Moore, 25 Dec. 1865 (Clark Co., AR), d. 11 Oct. 1925 (Delta Co., TX). He was b.c. 1843.
16. Phillip H. (or T.?) Graves, b.c. 1845.
+17. Emily F. Graves, b. 23 April 1848, m. L. H. Davis, d. 10 March 1926.
18. Almyra (or Almida) F. (or T.) Graves, b.c. 1850 Hempstead Co., AR), m. William A. Mills, 12 Feb. 1874 (Clark Co., AR). He was b.c. 1852.
19. Margaret Graves, b.c. 1852 (Hempstead Co., AR).
Children - Graves, by Nancy O. Harris
20. Samtha (Samantha?) J. (or Cynthia Isabella) Graves, b.c. 1854 (Hempstead Co., AR).
+21. John Wyatt Graves, b. 5 Feb. 1856, m. Nancy Bell Hill, 13 May 1883, d. 26 Sept. 1931.
22. Elizabeth Jane Graves, b.c. 1858 (Hempstead Co., AR).
Children - Graves, by Levina McCargo
23. Nelly (“Nanny”) L. Graves, b.c. 1861.
24. Mattie Eudora Graves, b. 19 Sept. 1862, m. L. Blanchard, 18 Oct. 1883 (Nevada Co., AR). He was b.c. 1848.
25. Jefferson N. Graves, b. 17 March 1866.
Mary ("Polly") Graves (7) was born 4 June 1818 in MO, died 10 Dec. 1883 in Comanche Co., TX, and was buried in Dec. 1883 in Albin Cem., Comanche Co. She first married Francis Belton Lassiter (or Lasiter) on 30 March 1837 in Hempstead Co., AR. He was born 17 May 1814 in MO, and died 28 Feb. 1851 in Leon Co., TX. She married second John B. Brodie about 1854. (R‑2, R‑5)
Children - Lasiter
26. John G. Lasiter, b. 8 Jan. 1838 (AR), d. 1862 (Holly Springs, MS).
27. Francis Marion Lasiter, b. 22 Dec. 1838 (AR), d. 1862 (Holly Springs, MS).
+28. Elizabeth Jane Lasiter, b. 22 June 1842, m. John W. Clark, d. 27 Jan. 1910.
+29. William Thomas Lasiter, b. 17 March 1846, m. Myrtle Elsie Burris, 24 July 1872, d. 3 Feb. 1930.
Children - Brodie
30. John Franklin Breckenridge Brodie, b.c. 1855 (TX).
+31. Kate Brodie, b.c. 1859, m. John F. Burks, 23 Sept. 1875, d. 1939.
William S. Graves (8) was born about 1820 or 1821 in MO, and died about 1865-1868. (Could his middle name have been Smith, his mother’s maiden name?) He first married Anna ("Anny") Ferrell (or Ferral) on 20 Jan. 1842 in Hempstead Co., AR. She was born about 1819 or 1821 in MO, and died between 1850 and 1852. They were in the 1850 census for Red Land, Hempstead Co., AR. He married second Mary Ann Kelso, daughter of Andrew Kelso and Isaphenia Smith, on 25 Aug. 1852 in Jefferson Co., MO. She was born about 1830 in St. Louis Co., MO, and probably died before 1870. They were in the 1860 census for Navarro Co., TX, with children John, Charles and George. (R‑2)
Children - Graves, by Anna Ferrell
+32. Frances Elizabeth Graves, b.c. 1842, m. George Burns, d. 8 Dec. 1932.
33. Mary F. Graves, b.c. 1844 (AR), d. 1860.
+34. Martha Elizabeth Graves, b. 11 Nov. 1846, m. Jerimiah Wellman Saner, 29 Dec. 1869, d. 26 March 1924.
+35. John William Graves, b. 21 Nov. 1848, m. Sarah A. Keeton, 3 March 1884, d. 13 July 1896.
Children - Graves, by Mary A. Kelso
36. Amy Graves, b.c. 1853.
37. Charles Graves, b.c. 1854 (AR), m. Fannie ‑‑‑‑‑‑. She was b.c. 1854 in AR.
38. George Graves, b.c. 1858 (Hempstead?, AR).
+39. Susan Alice Graves, b. 19 March 1864, m. William Hawkins Bell, 14 May 1881, d. 15 Feb. 1896.
John M. Graves (10) was born about 1824 in TX, and died before 1850. His death is mentioned in History of Leon Co., Texas. He married Mary Ann Brashears on 6 April 1845 in Missouri Twp., Hempstead Co., AR. She remarried about 1850. She was born 9 Sept. 1828 in IL, and died in 1873 in Leon Co., TX. (R‑2, R‑3)
Children - Graves
+40. Ellen Elizabeth Graves, b.c. 1846, m. William Crawford Reed, 4 Oct. 1864, d. 1873.
Susan Graves (13) was born about 1833 and died before 1868. She married Thomas Jasper Fair on 11 Sept. 1851 in Hempstead Co., AR. He was born about 1830. (R‑3)
Children - Fair
41. Joshua Fair, b.c. 1858 (Hempstead Co., AR).
CHILDREN OF PHILLIP T. GRAVES (6) AND NANCY O. HARRIS
Emily F. Graves (17) was born 23 April 1848 in Clark Co., AR, and died 10 March 1926 in Atoka Co., OK. She married L. H. Davis. (R‑3)
Children - Davis
42. Adolphus Montgomery Davis, b. TX.
John Wyatt Graves (21) was born 5 Feb. 1856 in Hempstead Co., AR, and died 26 Sept. 1931 in Pike Co., AR. He married Nancy Bell Hill, daughter of John M. Hill and Eliza Ann Crossling, on 13 May 1883 in Sevier Co., AR. She was born 29 Dec. 1869 in AR, and died 19 March 1960 in Howard Co., AR. They were both buried in Corinth Cem., between Center Point and Nashville, Howard Co., AR. All their children were born in Ben Lomond, Sevier Co., AR. Sources of information: John Wyatt Graves and Nancy Bell Hill family Bible, and Donnie and Glenn Kizzia family Bible. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
43. Johnnie Bell Graves, b. 21 June 1886, m. Anderson Harris, 16 Dec. 1903.
+44. Willie Vatle Graves, b. 18 Dec. 1890, m. Ethel Fuquay, 3 July 1913.
45. Thomy Wyatt Graves, b. 11 May 1896, d. 28 Aug. 1900.
46. Demma Myrtle Graves, b. 19 Sept. 1901, m. Cecil Kizzia, 2 Dec. 1922.
CHILDREN OF MARY GRAVES (7)
Elizabeth Jane Lasiter (28) was born 22 June 1842 in AR, died 27 Jan. 1910 in Colorado City, TX, and was buried in Odd Fellows Cem., Colorado City, TX. She married John W. Clark. He was born about 1836 in AL. Their first 2 children were born in TX, and the third in AL. (R‑5)
Children - Clark
47. Pleasant Clark, b.c. 1862.
48. Edwin Clark, b.c. 1862.
+49. Lillian Clark, b.c. 1870, m. N. J. Phenix.
William (“Billie”) Thomas Lasiter (29) was born 17 March 1846 in Hempstead Co., AR, died 3 Feb. 1930 in Johnson Co., TX, and was buried in Old Cleburne Cem., Johnson Co., TX. He married Myrtle Elsie Burris, called Elsie, on 24 July 1872 in TX. She was born about 1855 in AL, and died 1894-1900 in TX. He was in the 1900 census for Precinct 4, Mills Co., TX, widower, with his youngest 3 children, Mary M., John B., and Fronia M. All the children were born in TX. (R‑5)
Children - Lasiter
50. Thomas Lee Lasiter, b.c. 1875.
51. Francis McKinney Lasiter, b.c. 1876.
52. William Edwin Lasiter, b.c. 1879.
53. Cobbs Belton Lasiter
54. Mary Myrtle Lasiter, b. Aug. 1885.
55. John Burris Lasiter, b. Jan. 1889.
56. Freonia (or Fronia) Mae Lasiter, b. Sept. 1894.
Kate Brodie (31) was born about 1859 in TX, and died in 1939 in Comanche Co., TX. She married John F. Burks on 23 Sept. 1875 in Comanche Co., TX. He was born 31 Aug. 1851, and died 12 Dec. 1920 in Comanche Co., TX. They were both buried in Shiloh Cem., Comanche Co., TX. Both their children were born and died in Comanche Co., TX. (R‑5)
Children - Burks
57. Freddie L. Burks, b. 13 July 1880, d. 5 Dec. 1884.
58. Brodie Burks, b. Sept. 1889, d. 30 Jan. 1900.
CHILDREN OF WILLIAM S. GRAVES (8) AND ANNA FERRELL
Frances (or Francis) Elizabeth Graves (32) was born about 1842 in AR, and died 8 Dec. 1932 in Hemphill, TX. She married George Burns. (R‑8)
Children - Burns
+59. Anna Levina Burns, b. 2 Nov. 1865, m. George A. Mosley, 6 Sept. 1883, d. 22 Jan. 1938.
Martha Elizabeth Graves (34) was born 11 Nov. 1846 in Red Land, Hempstead Co., AR, and died 26 March 1924 in Cochise Co., AZ. She married Jerimiah Wellman Saner on 29 Dec. 1869. He was born 4 Dec. 1849 in TN, and died 6 April 1936 in Cochise Co., AZ. They were in the 1880 census for Collin Co., TX. They were in the 1900 census for District 41, Precinct 1, Square School House, Day Co., OK. Day County was created from Cheyenne and Arapaho lands in 1892 and discontinued in 1906. (R‑7)
Children - Saner
60. L. T. Saner, b.c. 1871 (AR).
+61. Oliver Martin Saner, b. 8 Dec. 1877, m. Buena Elizabeth Smith, 19 April 1915, d. 25 March 1933.
62. Margaret F. Saner, b. 6 Jan. 1886 (Oklahoma Territory), d. 10 Oct. 1922 (Prescott, Yavapai Co., AZ).
63. Henry W. Saner, b. April 1890 (TX).
John William Graves (35) was born 21 Nov. 1848 in AR or TX, and died 13 July 1896 in AR, probably in Polk Co. He married Sarah A. Keeton on 3 March 1884 in Polk Co., AR. She was born 1 Feb. 1868 in Polk Co., AR, and died 13 Dec. 1942 in AR, probably Polk Co. Sarah was in the 1900 census for White, Polk Co., AR, widow, with her 4 living children. She was in the 1910 census for Polk Co., AR, with Hendrix and Deorah. She was in the 1920 and 1930 censuses for White, Polk Co., AR, with son Francis, single. All the children were born in Polk Co., AR. (R‑3)
Children - Graves
64. William E. Graves, b. 24 Dec. 1884, d. 1964.
65. Hendrix Lee Graves, b. 2 Nov. 1886, d. 4 Oct. 1918.
66. Francis Clee Graves, b. 14 Aug. 1888, probably never married, d. 21 April 1964 (Polk Co. ?, AR).
67. Deorah Graves, b. 30 Dec. 1891, m. W. F. Moore, d. 23 Oct. 1914 (Polk Co. ?, AR).
68. O. T. Graves, b. 6 Jan. 1893, d. 11 June 1896 (Polk Co., AR).
Susan Alice Graves (39) was born 19 March 1864 in Fannin Co., TX, and died 15 Feb. 1896 (or possibly in 1890?). She married William Hawkins Bell, son of Jesse Edward Bell and Susan Priscilla Hawkins Magruder, on 14 May 1881 in Hamilton Co., TX. He was born 14 March 1852 in Yazoo Co., MS, and died 7 May (or April) 1915 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX. All their children were born in TX. (R‑9)
Children - Bell
+69. Charles Jesse Bell, b. 30 April 1882, m. Blanche May Saunders, 22 Jan. 1905, d. 9 Sept. 1950.
70. Mary Elizabeth Bell, b. 14 Jan. 1884, d. 17 Jan. 1976 (Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX).
+71. James Raiford Bell, b. 5 Feb. 1886, m(1) Flora M. Allen, 9 July 1905, m(2) Effie Golden Powell, c. 1912, d. 22 June 1954.
72. Eddie May Bell, b. 14 March 1888 (Goldthwaite, Milam Co., TX), d. 28 Oct. 1911 (Rockport, Hot Spring Co., AR).
CHILDREN OF JOHN M. GRAVES (10) AND MARY A. BRASHEARS
Ellen Elizabeth Graves (40) was born about 1846 in AR, and died in 1873. She married William Crawford Reed on 4 Oct. 1864. He was born 30 Oct. 1839 in AL. They were in the 1870 census for Leon Co., TX. Both their children were born in Leon Co., TX. (R‑6)
Children - Reed
73. W. L. Reed, b. 1865.
74. Laura Eugenia Reed, b. 20 Jan. 1867.
CHILDREN OF JOHN W. GRAVES (21) AND NANCY B. HILL
Willie Vatle Graves (44) was born 18 Dec. 1890 in Sevier Co., AR, and died in Pike Co., AR. He married Ethel May Fuquay, daughter of Albert Fuquay and Susan Etna Westbrook, on 3 July 1913. She was born 20 Oct. 1889 in Little River, AR, and died 3 July 1960 in Sevier Co., AR. They were both buried in Corinth Cem., between Center Point and Nashville, Howard Co., AR. After Willie died, Ethel married James Alec Alford and then Charlie Wood Burkhead. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
75. William Dorris Graves, b. 25 Aug. 1913 (Garvon, McCurtain Co., OK), m. Mary Lee Horton, d. 28 April 1978.
+76. Vernon Eugene Graves, b. 14 Oct. 1916, m. Anna Mae Longacre, 19 June 1937.
77. Lallie Mae Graves, b. 26 July 1919 (Pike Co., AR), d. 10 Sept. 1923.
CHILDREN OF ELIZABETH J. LASITER (28) AND JOHN W. CLARK
Lillian Clark (49) was born about 1870 in AL. She married N. J. Phenix. They haven’t been found in any census records. (R‑5)
Children - Phenix
78. S. Dean Phenix (?)
79. Bruce C. Phenix
80. Carl Todd Phenix
81. Lee Phenix
82. Vance C. Phenix
CHILDREN OF FRANCES E. GRAVES (32) AND GEORGE BURNS
Anna Levina Burns (59) was born 2 Nov. 1865 in AR, and died 22 Jan. 1938 in Precinct 4, Lipscomb Co., TX. She married George A. Mosley, son of Benjamin Joiner Mosley and Jane Brock, on 6 (or 16) Sept. 1883 in Polk Co., AR. He was born in June 1856 in AL, and died in TX. Their first child was born in AR, and all the others in TX. (R‑8)
Children - Mosley
83. John Henry Mosley, b. 1 Sept. 1884, d. TX.
+84. Pearlie E. Mosley, b. 13 March 1886, m. David Earnest McCoy, d. 20 July 1948.
85. Mable F. Mosley, b. Feb. 1888.
86. Josiah T. Mosley, b. Jan. 1890.
+87. Grace Ellen Mosley, b.c. 1892, m. James Allen Pearson, d. Feb. 1984.
88. Georgia A. Mosley, b. Sept. 1893, m. Will Mosley, d. Forrest City, St. Francis Co., AR. He was b. 30 July 1882 in Aberdeen, Coahoma Co., MS, and d. 1947 in Forrest City, St. Francis Co., AR.
+89. Roxy E. Mosley, b. 23 March 1896, m. Thomas William Hutton, d. 2 Feb. 1978.
90. Katie P. Mosley, b. 21 Feb. 1898, m. Otto Peter Hutton, d. 1960 (Sapulpa, Creek Co., OK). He was b. 1 April 1894 in Chelsea, Rogers Co., OK, and d. 27 May 1970 in Sapulpa, Creek Co., OK.
91. Callie G. Mosley, b. 7 June 1900, m. Locke Paul Tuttle, 1920, d. Dec. 1982 (Plainview, Hale Co., TX). He was b. 28 March 1899 in Anson, Jones Co., TX, and d. 8 Oct. 1966 in Coleman, Coleman Co., TX.
92. Edward Franklin Mosley, b. 13 April 1902, d. 23 May 1930 (Canadian, Hemphill Co., TX).
93. James W. Mosley, b.c. 1907.
CHILDREN OF MARTHA E. GRAVES (34) AND JERIMIAH W. SANER
Oliver Martin Saner (61) was born 8 Dec. 1877 in McKinney, Collin Co., TX, and died 25 March 1933 in Bowie, Cochise Co., AZ. He married Buena Elizabeth Smith on 19 April 1915 in Gila Co., AZ. She was born 6 Jan. 1895 in Woodland, Red River Co., TX, and died 10 Oct. 1944 in Bowie, Cochise Co., AZ. Both their children were born in Bowie, AZ. (R‑7)
Children - Saner
94. Benjamin Franklin Saner, b. 23 March 1921, d. 9 Sept. 1976 (Globe, Gila Co., AZ).
95. Silas Samuel Saner, b. 22 July 1933, d. 12 March 1995 (Bakersfield, Kern Co., CA).
CHILDREN OF SUSAN A. GRAVES (39) AND WILLIAM H. BELL
Charles Jesse Bell (69) was born 30 April 1882 in Goldthwaite, Mills Co., TX, and died 9 Sept. 1950 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX. He married Blanche May Saunders, daughter of James Richard Saunders and Mary Ann Cabler, on 22 Jan. 1905 in Polk Co., AR. She was born 29 Dec. 1887 in Reno (could this be Reyno in Randolph Co.?), AR, and died 29 Dec. 1979 in Azle, Tarrant Co., TX. (R‑9)
Children - Bell
96. Myrtle May Bell, b. 14 May 1907 (Cove, Crawford Co., AR), m. William Bryan (“Bill”) Martin, 1 June 1925 (Polk Co., AR), d. 24 Sept. 1971 (Mena, Polk Co., AR). He was b. 1 June 1899 and d. 27 June 1971, both in Mena, Polk Co., TX. 3 sons.
97. Arthur Lee Bell, b. 10 Aug. 1910 (Cove, Polk Co., TX), m. Mary Mirinda Hubbard, d. 19 April 2000 (Irving, Dallas Co., TX). She was b. 8 July 1914 in Bonham, Fannin Co., TX, and d. 6 Nov. 1983 in Irving, TX.
98. Flora Beatrice Bell, b. 14 July 1913 (Womble, Montgomery Co., AR), m(1) Johnnie F. Jansch, m(2) William Louis Cavin, d. 19 Oct. 1993 (Terrell, Kaufman Co., TX). 1 daughter by Johnnie Jansch.
99. Essie Ruth Bell, b. 1916 (Old Cove, AR), d.c. 1916 (AR).
100. James Richard (“Dick”) Bell, b. 30 May 1918 (Cove, Crawford Co., AR), m. Mary Marjorie Huff, d. 7 Jan. 1982 (Tarrant Co., TX). 1 son, James Richard Bell, Jr., b. 22 Aug. 1941 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX, and d. 1981 in Tarrant Co., TX, and 1 daughter.
101. Raymond Rayford Bell, b. 1 Dec. 1921 (Cove, Polk Co., AR), m. Peggy Jane Walsh, d. 26 June 1998 (Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX). She was b. 21 Oct. 1923 in Cleburne, Johnson Co., TX, and d. 29 June 2010 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX. 3 daughters and 1 son.
102. Dorothy Lucille Bell, b. 7 May 1924 (Saw Mill Camp, Cove Co., AR), d. 5 Jan. 2011 (Bridgeport, Wise Co., TX).
103. Jessie C. Bell, b. 19 Oct. 1934 (Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX), m. Paula Dee Conway, 14 Aug. 1953 (Fort Worth,, TX), d. 24 April 2011 (Weatherford, Parker Co., TX). She was b. 12 Jan. 1935 in Grand Prairie, Tarrant Co., TX, and d. 25 Oct. 1984 in Slidell, St. Tammany Parish, LA.
James Raiford Bell (71) was born 5 Sept. 1886 in Goldthwaite, Mills Co., TX, and died 22 June 1954 in Fort Worth, Tarrant Co., TX. He first married Flora M. Allen, daughter of Henry Clay Allen and Ann Eliza Hays, on 9 July 1905 in Polk Co., AR. She was born in Aug. 1888 in White, Polk Co., AR, and died 13 Feb. 1911 in Erath Co., TX. He married second Effie Golden Powell, daughter of William Leander Powell and Cornelia Elizabeth ‑‑‑‑‑‑, about 1912. She was born 30 Jan. 1893 in Morley, Scott Co., MO, and died 26 April 1973 in Fort Worth, TX. (R‑9)
Children - Bell, by Effie G. Powell
107. Virgil Raiford Bell, b. 25 July 1913 (Morgan Mill, Erath Co., TX), m(1) Annie Lynne Routt, m(2) Frances Artel Austin, d. 11 June 1994 (Fort Worth, TX). 2 daughters and 1 son with Annie Routt.
108. Raymond Lois Bell, b. 31 March 1919 (TX), d. Aug. 1978 (Fort Worth, TX).
CHILDREN OF WILLIE V. GRAVES (44) AND ETHEL M. FUQUAY
Vernon Eugene Graves (76) was born 14 Oct. 1916 in Highland, Pike Co., AR. He married Anna Mae Longacre, daughter of William Eugene Longacre and Lela Mae Emerson, on 19 June 1937 in Hope, Hempstead Co., AR. She was born 27 Jan. 1919 in Walnut Springs, Sevier Co., AR. Their first 2 children were born in Whittier, Los Angeles Co., CA, and the third in DeQueen, Sevier Co., AR. (R‑1)
Children - Graves
109. Anita Charmain Graves, b. 18 March 1944, d. 19 March 1944.
110. Michael Glenn Graves, b. 4 June 1946, m. Sally McDuffy, 23 July 1967.
111. Patrick Lynn Graves, b. 19 April 1949, m. Lisa Christensen, 28 June 1980.
CHILDREN OF ANNA L. BURNS (59) AND GEORGE A. MOSLEY
Pearlie E. Mosley (84) was born 13 March 1886 in TX, and died 20 July 1948 in Higgins, Lipscomb Co., TX. She married David Earnest McCoy. He was born 11 May 1876 and died 5 Dec. 1958. All their children were born in TX. (R‑8)
Children - McCoy
112. Beulah Francis McCoy, b. 19 Sept. 1905, d. 14 Oct. 1943.
113. Golda McCoy, b.c. 1908.
114. David M. McCoy, b.c. 1910.
115. Pat McCoy, b.c. 1911.
Grace Ellen Mosley (87) was born about 1892 in TX, and died in Feb. 1984 in Morrison, Warren Co., TN. She married James Allen Pearson, son of John E. Pierson and Sarah Elizabeth Warner. He was born about 1883 in IL, and died 30 Sept. 1935 in Lincoln Co., AR. All their children were born in TX. (R‑8)
Children - Pearson
116. Edith Pearson, b.c. 1911.
117. James Allen Pearson, Jr., b. 27 Sept. 1914 (Glazier, Hemphill Co., TX).
118. Winnie Lorene Pearson, b.c. 1922, m. George Reed Morris, d. 3 June 2011 (Nashville, Davidson Co., TN). He was b. 6 May 1922 in Oceltree, Johnson Co., KS, and d. 22 Aug. 2009 in Anderson Co., SC. 3 sons and 1 daughter.
119. John William Pearson, b. 9 Oct. 1924 (Pampa Co., TX), m. Ammor Audrene Lawrence, 8 Sept. 1947, d. 6 Oct. 1987. She was b. 2 Nov. 1927 and d. 21 Sept. 1992. 1 daughter.
Roxy E. Mosley (89) was born 23 March 1896 in TX, and died 2 Feb. 1978 in Lomita, Los Angeles Co., CA. She married Thomas William Hutton. He was born 29 Nov. 1889 in Rosendale, Wyandotte Co., KS, and died 13 Aug. 1950 in Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., CA. (R‑8)
Children - Hutton
121. Alice Kathryn Hutton, b. 6 Aug. 1918 (Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Co., OK), d. 31 March 1991 (Los Angeles, Los Angeles Co., CA).
122. Robert Franklin Hutton, b. 27 Feb. 1931 (Hemphill, Sabine Co., TX), d. 2006.
Return to Alphabetical Ancestor Listing
Return to Main Page